Rabbits Rule!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Charlie and Eleanor

Charlie is the white one. He's a dwarf albino, fastest rabbit in the West. If Charlie doesn't want to be caught, I can't catch him, though luckily I can sometimes out-think him. He's got very fine white fur that's more like hair than fur. When he sheds, like now, the silky fur gets all over everything, even up my nose when I pick him up. He's been living with me since April of 2002. I think he's about 5 years old. I got him at the shelter where they said he'd been left on their doorstep a few weeks after Easter. (I do wish parents would learn about rabbits before getting them as Easter gifts. They'd do better getting chocolate rabbits if they don't plan to care for a real one.)

Charlie picked out Eleanor as his companion. He didn't like the little rabbits his size, but fell in love with Eleanor. I'm not sure she loved him at first sight, but now they're an item. They live in the rabbitat--big enclosure with several rooms, separate cardboard box houses, hay baskets and a second floor. Mostly though they like it when I leave the door open so they can roam. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home