Rabbits Rule!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Stormy, a Fuzzy Lop

The Bunny Buddies, rabbit rescue organization I belong to, currently still have more than 50 rabbits available for adoption as a result of a seizure of rabbits from a breeder who could no longer care for them. It's been a huge project for the organization. Individuals are "fostering" as many as 16 rabbits. Most of the rabbits are Jersey Woolies or Fuzzy Lops.

Recently I took Stormy, a Fuzzy Lop, home for the weekend from a local business where the owner is taking care of a bunch--and where I volunteer twice a week. I thought she needed socializing since she bit me twice. Turns out, though, she was just scared. She's really a lovely ball of black, white, gray and brown fur, with ears that go to the floor. She loves to have her fur brushed--good thing since it will have to be done often--and she'll sit quietly in my lap for hours. She's also an active investigator when I let her roam in my bedroom. All the "rabbit proofing" I did for Quinn is more than good enough to keep her safe since she's not the jumper he is.

I already have 4 rabbits, but am mighty tempted by this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home